7.4.11

"Fate, my friend. You say the strangest things, I find sometimes."

Did I ever mention that I was terrible with this blogging thing? No? Oh, my bad..  In all seriousness though, folks.. I have had quite a time since my last post.  My personal life has been turned every which way and I'm trying my best to compartmentalize; family, friends, self. It's all a very tiring process. Especially when things keep happening in a twisted sequence that only script writers for a big-hit television drama/soap opera would dream about.

Upon coming back from California, my mother and I weren't on the best of terms. My step-grandmother is slowly dying. My little cousin, who is only nine years old, was recently diagnosed with limb-gridle muscular dystrophy. No one lies when they say, "the worst comes in threes."  However, things are at the very least looking up for my relationship with my mother. It's a work in progress.

So, there's that. And yet while nothing has been looking up for my step-grandmother or my cousin alike, I am hopeful. I'm hopeful that somehow the lady that used to chase me around will pull out of this. I am also hopeful that everything will work out for the little girl who never stops smiling. That's the best anyone can do now; hope. You have everything when you have the love, the support, and hope of everyone around you.

I can truly say that I am blessed to have the greatest souls in my life. Even if I don't say it or show it that often, I appreciate every single person around me. This week has truly made me think (which I do a lot of, anyway).

That's my rant for this extremely early day. Happy Thursday, everyone!

I know I never posted an installation for tunes for tuesday this week. So, I leave you with the song that has been on repeat; helping me balance out the rough patches.



No comments:

Post a Comment